Wednesday, December 24, 2008

On the twelveth day of Christmas...

the blessing I found.....TIME!

How does the old saying go??? Out of the mouths of babes?

Though she really isn't a babe anymore, Hailey said it best: "I think this has been the best Christmas so far. We haven't been running around crazy, in the car all day. We have just been spending time at home, watching movies and playing in the snow. I really like when we can do that."


Dave and I have been intentional this Christmas, to not get caught up in the frenzy of activity that can take place this time of year. Hailey's comment was a confirmation to us both, that even though this slower pace has felt foreign in so many ways, we made the right choice, and our kids have noticed.


The best Christmas gift...the gift of time and rest. MERRY CHRISTMAS!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

we had fun playing in the snow with you!

Shannon said...

Ok, I'm not gonna comment on each post....but I enjoyed going through and reading all your days of christmas blessings!

Laura said...

Thanks Shannon, we loved your hill!! It was awesome and inspired the kids to get a little more daring.