Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On the third and fourth days of Christmas...


the blessings I found......Decorating!
I realize this is only one thing, but in my case it takes several days if not weeks to decorate! I take forever. Then, when I get it they way I want it, Christmas arrives shortly after, so I really only get to enjoy the decorations for a couple days.

None the less, I love to decorate for Christmas, and I especially love looking in the boxes, to discover all the trinkets & treasures I forgot I even had. It's like opening presents with each lid lifted, yet without the cost involved and way more memories!

Once the house is decorated, it feels different..warm and inviting, yes a little more crowded, but some would call that a feeling of intimacy!

I also enjoy waking up each morning and seeing the tree sparkling with lights, and the smell of fresh pine. It's certainly a blessing.

No comments: