Tuesday, December 23, 2008

On the eleventh day of Christmas....

the blessing I found.......GIVING!
This blessing isn't really a new one to Christmas, giving is one of the main messages of the birth of Christ. But, as a family, we have a tradition of giving. We set aside a certain dollar amount and then go grocery shopping with half of it and then present shopping with the other half.
The kids look forward to this tradition and begin reminding us early in the season.
We take all the goodies to Open House Ministries here in Vancouver, and I love watching the kids as they unload all the purchases and present them to someone at the shelter.
I am very grateful of the generous nature each of the kids is developing, but I know it takes Dave and I as parents, being intentional with these life lessons.
I pray the gifts we brought will be a huge blessing to those who receive them.

No comments: