Wednesday, February 24, 2010

They grow up soooo fast...












I have heard that statement so often as a parent. When each of my kids was born, I would be reminded, by very wise and seasoned parents that; "They grow up so fast, savor every moment". I definitely have taken that advice to heart and have LOVED being a Mom. Well, this past weekend the idea that my kids are growing up smacked my husband and I directly in the face!! Our oldest daughter went to her first High School dance with a young man!! Ahhhh!!! There were a mirad of emotions that flooded my mind, I was having a hard time processing everything I was thinking and feeling. My daughter kept assuring me..."He's just a friend, we are going just as FRIENDS!" I believe her, I really do, but as I watched her spend time with her friends getting ready and then having dinner...at our house of course, I realized my baby is growing up. I am way beyond blessed by what a wonderful young lady she has become, but there is a little sadness as I realize she is moving closer to being independent. Isn't that what every parent desires for their children? Of course it is, but with this new season comes a little grief for what is now gone. So, remember..."They grow up so fast, savor every moment!"

No comments: