Friday, August 8, 2008

Something To Strive Toward!

Today, I thought I would share an amazing story of a woman, Irena Sendler, who did exactly what God is calling each of us to do. Obviously, not in exactly the same way, but we are called to go and make disciples. (Matt 28:19) We are asked to set the captives free and release the prisoners from darkness. (part of Isaiah 61:1-3). I have attached a YouTube link, it is a fairly short video, but extremely powerful with a political undertone, which I will not apologize for. (After all, this is my blog!) As I watched this, I was struck by how this woman allowed God to use her, through pure obedience. She will never fully realize the impact she had on the generations to come. She had the priviledge of seeing only a small glimpse of how her acts of courage, love and sacrifice influenced future generations. Generations she will never meet this side of heaven! Please take a moment to view this, be inspired and ask yourself; "Am I being asked to obedience?", and "Am I willing to act on that, no matter the cost?" It is scary to answer these questions, and at times, when we are perfectly honest, we would answer with a resounding "NO", but then we would miss out on huge blessings, wouldn't we? I guess that is the great thing about God, He never forces us, only gives us the opportunity to choose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVw1PANUcdg

No comments: